Wheat Highlights April 06, 2015 四月 6, 2015
- Apr 3 - Saudi Arabia (GSFMO) bought 780,000 tons of hard wheat (12.5% protein) at average price of 236.75 $/t, which will be supplied from European, Australian, Northern American and Southern American origins for delivery between June to August in 13 vessels; 9 vessels with a quantity of 540 KMT to be delivered to Jeddah and 4 vessels with a quantity of 240 KMT to be delivered to Dammam.
GSFMO begins receive wheat crop from local farmers this week with quantity expecting at around 425 KMT this year. The Organization will import about 3.2 MMT to cover the local consumption of wheat and maintain the strategic storage
- The Punjab Food Department (Pakistan) has finalised all arrangements to buy four million tons of wheat (Rs 1,300 per 40 kilogrammes) in the wheat procurement campaign 2015/16, to be launched on April 16 throughout the province
- FranceAgriMer said 91% of France's soft wheat crops were in good to excellent condition as of Mar 30 vs. 90% a week ago and vs. 76% a year ago
- Russia's Ag Min said farmers planted 1.1 MH of spring grains through April 3, or 3.4% of the planned total planted area vs. 1.0 MH a year ago
- Russia's Ag Min has set high wheat prices for its restocking programme in 2015/16, which starts on July 1, raising the possibility that the government will not have to extend a tax on wheat exports. For example it would offer 9,700 RUR/t (166$/t) for third-class wheat in the European part of the country starting from July 1
- USDA will release the first national planting progress report later on Monday