Ethiopia Announces Tender to Purchase 200 KMT of Milling Wheat 十月 9, 2014
The Government of Ethiopia recently announced a tender for 200,000 metric tons (MT) of imported milling wheat. The details of this tender follow below. This tendered amount, once imported, is expected to help fill the estimated 1.0 million MT gap between domestic wheat production of 3.3 million MT and consumption. The remainder of this 1.0 million MT gap will be bridged by food aid and/or commercial imports.
Invitation for Bid
Bid No. PPPDS/EGTA/ICB/PG/40/01/2007
1. The Public Procurement and Property Disposal Service (PPPDS) on behalf of Ethiopian Grain Trade Enterprise have funds with the procuring entity's budget to be used for the Procurement of 200,000 metric tons of milling wheat.
2. The PPPDS invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply and delivery of goods mentioned above.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open international tendering procedure contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from PPPDS and inspect the bidding document at the address given below at 7 (a) from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders at the address given below at 7(a) upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 20 or an equivalent amount in Birr. The method of payment will be in cash.
6. Bid must be delivered to the Address below at 7(b) On or before10:00am On October 22, 2014.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 100,000.00 Birr for each lot in the form of CPO or Bank counter guarantee from commercial Banks. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 7(b) at 10:15am on October 22, 2014.
a. Documents will be issued at Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, compound No.2 block No. 5,room No. 109 or 110 Telephone +251-11-1223755 OR +251-11-122 37 22.
b. Bids must be delivered to, and will be opened at Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, compound No.2, PPPDS, Block No. 5, Conference Hall (second floor).
8. PPPDS reserves the right to reject any or all bids and any items on the bid