Grain and Veg Oil Highlights July 08, 2019July 8, 2019
- July 4 - Algeria's OAIC bought around 400,000 MT of optional-origin milling wheat in a tender at 216-217.5 $/mt c&f for August shipment
- Weekly US wheat export sales data for week ended June 27 totaled 276,500 MT for 2019/20, near the low end of market expectations (250-550 TMT). Export commitments for 2019/20 are running 20% ahead of year-ago
- FAO raised forecast of world wheat output in 2019 by 1.3 MMT to 770.8 MMT (730.2 MMT in 2018), mostly due to upward revision in India more than offsetting a cut in Pakistan. Forecast of stocks (ending in 2020) was lowered to 278.5 MMT, down 2.5 MMT from previous forecast (266.6 MMT in 2018/19)
- Ukrainian farmers have threshed 7.3 MMT of wheat from 32% area as of July 8
- European Union farmers' group Copa-Cogeca forecast EU common wheat production this year at 141.4 MMT, up 9% from last year
- FranceAgriMer estimated 75% of French soft wheat crops were in good/excellent condition by July 1, down 5% points from week earlier and vs. 73% a year ago
- Czech Statistics Bureau forecasts country’s 2019 wheat production at 4.857 MMT, up from 4.418 MMT in 2018
- Kazakhstan plans to harvest 20.3 MMT of grain this year, the same level as in 2018. Kazakh grain exports in 2019/20 expected at 10 MMT (10.8 MMT in 2018/19)
- Tunisia expects its grain harvest to jump to 2.1 MMT (incl. 1.1 MMT of durum wheat, 118 TMT of soft wheat and 700 TMT of barley) this season from 1.4 MMT last season
- Egypt has strategic reserves of wheat sufficient for 4.5 months
- Iraq procured almost 4 MMT of wheat from local farmers
- July 9 - Indian state-run trading company MMTC seeks an unspecified amount of non-GM yellow corn for July 20-August 20 shipment. The tender closes on July 9 and offers must remain valid until July 16
- July 4 - China sold 869,108 MT of corn from state reserves, or 21.8% of the offered amount (3.982 MMT), at average price of 1,677 RMB/mt
- Weekly US corn export sales data for week ended June 27 totaled 331,900 MT for combined old- and new-crop delivery, below trade forecasts. Export commitments for 2018/19 are running 15% behind of year-ago
- Ukraine's Ag Min said Ukraine exported about 696,000 MT of grain between July 1-8, 2019 vs. 333,000 MT for the same period of last year, including 71,000 MT of wheat (21,000 MT a year ago), 588,000 MT of corn (180,000 MT) and 36,000 MT of barley (102,000 MT)
- Ukrainian farmers have harvested 3.6 MMT of barley from 43% area as of July 8; and 402,000 MT of peas from ...
FAO: Tighter cereal supplies in 2019/20 mostly on reduced maize productionJuly 4, 2019
The forecast for world cereal production in 2019 stands at 2 685 million tonnes, virtually unchanged from the previous report in June, pointing to 1.2 percent increase from 2018 ...
FAO Food Price Index at par with last year, but with changes in the sub-indicesJuly 4, 2019
» The FAO Food Price Index* (FFPI) averaged 173 points in June 2019, down marginally (0.3 percent) from May and very close to its level in June 2018. Lower prices ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights July 04, 2019July 4, 2019
- July 4 - Algeria's OAIC seeks at least 50,000 MT of optional-origin milling wheat for August shipment
- July 3 - Tunisia's state grains agency bought 67,000 MT ...
Egypt's GASC buys 60,000 T Romanian wheatJuly 3, 2019
The Egypt's state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) on Tuesday, July 2, bought 60,000 MT of wheat from Romania for August 2-12 delivery:
- 60 ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights July 01, 2019July 1, 2019
- June 28 - Saudi Arabia’s SAGO bought 730,000 MT of wheat (12.5% protein) of EU, North and South American (excl. Canadian) and Australian origin at an average ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights June 29, 2019June 29, 2019
- June 28 - Saudi Arabia’s SAGO was seeking 715,000 MT of wheat, 12.5% protein, in 12 consignments for Sept-Nov shipment
- June 26 - Importers in the Philippines bought ...
Comparative tables of USDA data and market expectationsJune 29, 2019
US plantings of major crops for 2019 harvest (million acres):
Average of analysts' estimates
Range of analysts' estimates
USDA 2018 seedings
Canada. Principal field crop areasJune 27, 2019
According to the June Field Crop Survey, Canadian farmers expect to plant more barley, corn for grain, dry peas, lentils and oats in 2019, but fewer acres of wheat, canola ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights June 25, 2019June 25, 2019
- June 26 - Jordan seeks 120,000 MT of optional-origin hard milling wheat for Oct-Nov shipment
- June 21 - Taiwan Flour Millers' Association bought 83,200 MT of US milling wheat ...