Grain and Veg Oil Highlights May 07, 2019May 7, 2019
- May 9 - Japan seeks 110,880 MT of food wheat for July shipments:
- 13,415 MT of western white US wheat;
- 18,990 MT of hard red winter US ...
Canada. Stocks of principal field crops, Mar 31 - StatsCanMay 7, 2019
Comparative table of StatsCan data and market expectations
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights May 06, 2019May 6, 2019
- May 7 - Jordan seeks 120,000 MT of optional-origin hard milling wheat
- May 2 - A group of flour mills in South Korea bought about 75,000 MT of US ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights May 02, 2019May 2, 2019
- Weekly US wheat export sales data for week ended April 25 totaled 419,500 MT, incl. 122,100 MT for 2018/19, below expectation (200-500 TMT) and 297,400 ...
Global exports of sunflower oil to fall by 1.1 MMT in May-Aug 2019May 2, 2019
Global exports of sunflower oil will fall by 1.1 mln. mt in May-August 2019 to about 3.7 mln. mt according to exclusive data AgroChart.
Imports to India will ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights April 30, 2019April 30, 2019
- April 30 - Jordan has made no purchase in an international tender for 120,000 MT of optional-origin hard milling wheat
- April 29 - Argentina registered 115,000 MT of wheat ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights April 26, 2019April 26, 2019
- April 26 - Saudi Arabia’s SAGO seeks 600,000 MT of wheat, 12.5% protein, in 10 consignments for July-Sept shipment
- April 25 - Tunisia's state grains agency bought ...
Canada farmers intending to plant more wheat and barley, less canola and soybeansApril 24, 2019
Canadian farmers anticipate planting more acres of wheat, corn, dry peas and oats in 2019 compared with 2018, while seeding intentions for canola, soybeans and lentils have declined relative to ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights April 23, 2019April 23, 2019
- April 24 - Algeria's OAIC seeks at least 50,000 MT of optional-origin durum wheat for June shipment. Offers must remain valid until April 25
- April 23 - Taiwan Flour ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights April 22, 2019April 22, 2019
- April 17 - Importers in the Philippines bought about 55,000 MT of optional-origin feed wheat at below 207 $/mt, c&f for July shipment
- Weekly US wheat export sales data for week ended April 11 totaled 545,500 MT, incl. 317,700 MT for 2018/19, within expectation (200-400 TMT) and 227,800 MT for 2019/20, within expectation (150-300 TMT). Export commitments for 2018/19 are running 8% ahead of year-ago
- Kazakh farmers planted 354,100 ha of spring cereals crops as of April 22 vs. 270,800 ha a year ago
- FranceAgriMer estimated 81% of French soft wheat crops were in good/excellent condition by April 15, down 2% points from week earlier but up compared to 78% a year earlier
- Japan's March grain imports fell 4.9% on year to 2.113 MMT, incl. 1.466 MMT from the US (down by 10.6%)
- Weekly US corn export sales data for week ended April 11 totaled 966,000 MT, incl. 947,600 MT for 2018/19 topped expectations (500-850 TMT). Export commitments for 2018/19 are running 9% behind of year-ago
- Argentina's Ag Min forecasts corn crop in 2018/19 at 55 MMT, up 26.5% from 43.46 MMT in 2017/18. Corn exports in 2018/19 (Mar 2019-Feb 2020) are expected to rise to 30 MMT from 22.45 MMT last season
- Argentina's Ag Min forecasts sorghum crop in 2018/19 at 1.56 MMT, up 0.6% from 1.55 MMT in 2017/18. Sorghum exports in 2018/19 (Mar 2019-Feb 2020) are expected steady on year at 200,000 MT
- Ukraine's Ag Min said Ukraine exported about 40.6 MMT of grain between July 1-Apr 19, 2018/19 vs. 32.5 MMT for the same period of last season, including 14.06 MMT of wheat (14.61 MMT a year ago) and 22.42 MMT of corn (13.58 MMT)
- Ukrainian grain stocks were at 16.07 MMT as of April 1, up 5.9% from a year earlier, incl. 4.349 MMT of wheat (5.109 MMT a year ago), 1.015 MMT of barley (1.017 MMT a year ago) and 10.17 MMT of corn (8.18 MMT a year ago). The data does not include grain stored at small farms
- Ukraine’s Ag Min estimated early spring grain planting 92% done as of April 19. Ukrainian farmers planted 2.1 million ha of spring crops, thereof 1.47 million ha of barley (95% of plan) and 284,000 ha of peas (84% of plan)
- Ukrainian farmers have sown 335,000 ha of corn or 7% of planned area as of April 19
- FranceAgriMer estimated 77% of French winter barley crops were in good/excellent condition by April 15, down 2% points from prior week but up vs. 73% a year earlier. Spring barley rating was at 89% in good to excellent vs. 91% last week and vs. 81% a year ago
- FranceAgriMer estimated corn planting 29% done as of April 15 (16% a week-ago), vs. last year’s pace of 6%
- Japan's use of corn in animal feed totalled 48.8% in February 2019, unchanged from prior month and by 1% point above year-ago level (47.8% in Feb 2018). Its use of barley steady at 3.4% vs. 3.5% a year ago; wheat usage decreased from 1.7 to 1.6 ...