Egypt's GASC buys 180,000 T Romanian, Ukrainian wheat Aug. 30, 2021
The Egypt's state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) on Monday, August 30, bought 180,000 MT of wheat from Romania (120,000 MT) and from Ukraine (60,000 MT) for Oct 15-25 shipment:
- 60,000 MT of Ukrainian wheat from Inerco at 340.33 $/mt c&f (304.25 fob+ 36.08 freight);
- 60,000 MT of Romanian wheat from Grain Export at 338.10 $/mt c&f (308.50 fob+ 29.60 freight);
- 60,000 MT of Romanian wheat from ADM at 342.93 $/mt c&f (308.50 fob+ 34.43 freight).
GASC has bought so far a total 1,785,000 MT of wheat (350,000 MT from Russia, 1140,000 MT from Romania, and 295,000 MT from Ukraine) for supply in 2021/22 (July-June).
Traders said the following offers were submitted to GASC in the first round of the tender:
- Inerco: 60,000 of Ukraine wheat at 304.25 $/mt fob
- Grainexport: 60,000 of Romania wheat at 308.50 $/mt fob
- ADM: 60,000 of Romania wheat at 309.55 $/mt fob
- Viterra: 60,000 of Romania wheat at 311.11 $/mt fob
- GTCS: 60,000 of Russia wheat at 315.00 $/mt fob
- Soufflet: 60,000 of French wheat at 315.85 $/mt fob
- AST Agro: 60,000 of Russia wheat at 317.90 $/mt fob
- Olam: 60,000 of Ukraine wheat at 317.00 $/mt fob