Taiwan's 2016 Rice SBS Tender Published Jan. 26, 2016
Taiwan, Council of Agriculture, Agriculture and Forest Agency has scheduled the 2016 Simultaneous Buy and Sell (SBS) rice tender for February 18, 2015. Instead of the two usual tranches of SBS, AFA plans to only announce one SBS rice tender this year, with delivery term from May 1, 2015 through April 30 of the following year. For the United States the tender number is: GF4-104-164 for 35,600 MT; for Australia the tender number is: GF4-104-165 for 6,500 MT; and for Thai origin rice the tender number is: GF4-104-166 for 6,500 MT.
Below are the conditions for the 2016 rice tender:
- U.S. quota allocation remained unchanged, but the quotas for Australia and Thailand have been reduced from previous 8,300 MT and 10,300 MT, respectively to 6,500 metric tons each;
- For medium and/or short grain rice, please note that long grain and glutinous rice have no quality grade conditions and only Number 1 U.S. equivalent rice will be eligible to be imported under the 2016 SBS. Broken rice remains ineligible to import under the SBS;
- The bid bond remained at NT$900/MT ($27.3/MT) for all country origins;
- Performance bond for U.S. and Australian SBS are at NT$1,600/MT ($48.5/MT) and Thai is at NT$1,000/MT ($30.3/MT);
- Per bid minimum tonnage is 20 MT for all origins and the maximum tonnage is set at 7,000 MT for U.S. and 2,500 MT for other origins.
Taiwan's 2016 Rice Country Specific Quota (CSP) for Public Sector Imports on a Brown Basis (Metric Tons)
2015 Rice CSQ