FAO: Near-record wheat production expected in 2020April 2, 2020
Ample supplies to help shield food markets from turmoil of coronavirus storm
Global cereal markets are expected to remain balanced and comfortable despite worries over the impacts of COVID-19. While ...
FAO Food Price Index fell further in MarchApril 2, 2020
» The FAO Food Price Index* (FFPI) averaged 172.2 points in March 2020, down 7.8 points (4.3 percent) from February, though still 4.6 points (2.7 percent ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights March 31, 2020March 31, 2020
- Apr 1 - Tunisia's state grains agency seeks 75,000 MT of optional-origin durum wheat
- Ethiopia has postponed the deadline for offer submissions in an international tender to buy ...
Comparative tables of USDA data and market expectationsMarch 31, 2020
US quarterly stocks as of March 1, 2020 (in billions of bushels):
March 1, 2020
March 1, 2019
Dec 1, 2019
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights March 23, 2020March 23, 2020
- Mar 27 - Turkey's TMO seeks 200,000 MT of red milling wheat for April 7-27 shipment
- Mar 24 - Algeria's OAIC seeks at least 50,000 MT of ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights March 18, 2020March 18, 2020
- Mar 19 - Japan seeks 90,311 MT of food wheat for Apr-May shipments:
- 18,785 MT of western white US wheat;
- 26,075 MT of hard red winter US ...
Grain and Veg Oil Highlights March 13, 2020March 13, 2020
- Mar 11 - Algeria's OAIC bought about 680,000 MT of optional-origin milling wheat at around 226-227 $/mt c&f for May shipment
- Mar 11 - Turkey's TMO bought 305,000 MT of red milling wheat for March 20-April 7 shipment:
- 25,000 MT from Ulusoy at 211.8 $/mt c&f Samsun;
- 20,000 MT from Olam at 211.8 $/mt c ...
Coarse Grains. World Markets and Trade. March 2020 – USDAMarch 11, 2020
OVERVIEW FOR 2019/20
Global corn production is forecast up marginally with a larger crop in South Africa more than offsetting reductions for India, Peru, and Russia. Global trade is ...
Wheat. World Markets and Trade. March 2020 – USDAMarch 11, 2020
OVERVIEW FOR 2019/20
Global production is marginally higher as upward revisions for Argentina and India more than offset reductions for Australia and Turkey. Global trade is raised slightly with ...
Oilseeds. World Markets and Trade. March 2020 - USDAMarch 11, 2020
Canada Shifts Rapeseed Exports To Offset Lost China Sales
In 2019, Canada rapeseed exports to China plummeted by two-thirds due to significant loss in market access coupled with low demand ...